My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

10/31/19 Wednesday & a new dog


The local station reported 36° when I went out this morning but it looks like some areas at my place were colder than that. 


I did some pen cleaning and bird rearranging to get ready to bring home a new dog. Then I unpacked the chicken plucker I bought almost a year ago. 


Assembly started out easy.  


But I ended up getting all the tools out. And still didn’t finish before it was time to go get Lobo. 


Lobo is probably a German Shepard mix, about 9 months old. He is pretty high energy, especially compared to Giotto. He’s in that gangly stage, long legs and big feet. He was totally not intimidated by Giotto and in fact began testing him right off the bat. 

I had tied Giotto up while I got Lobo out of the car. After a bit of sniffing, snapping and barking we worked our way out back to go to the kennel. 


First nights dinner, some puppy kibble drizzled with bacon fat, a raw egg and a raw meaty bone. Once Lobo was kenneled I let Giotto off his tie so they could get acquainted through the fence. 


Lobo scarfed his food down and started on his bone. He would charge the fence and growl at Giotto when he came up. I think because of the bone. Lobo was the biggest dog at his last home so probably used to having his way. Lobo doesn’t seem to know any basic commands, at least not in English, so we will be working on a lot of things in the coming weeks. 

EDIT AT 7:30PM
the 

It’s a blurry shot but do you see who’s escaped the kennel and come in the house with Giotto????  Mmmm. Do I dare trek out back and look at the damage. Nope. It’s dark and cold and I can’t fix a thing tonight anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment