My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Super Saturday 10/19/19


How to turn this WWII salvage bed frame that I pulled out of the brush where it’s been the past 50 years or so into a gate. Drilling through the metal was hard, even with a new high speed metal bit. 

Took all morning to install the hardware. 


Finally got there. 

Mmmmmm. I could have calculated positioning of the hardware a bit better. But thankfully the post was just tall enough to accommodate it. 

An old price of fence wired over the hole. A price of chain and a snap hook for a latch. I spent most of the afternoon going to lunch and visiting with my oldest daughter who is here for a few days from Florida. Chores are done, it’s almost dark, time for food and bed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment