My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, October 25, 2019

Farmer Friday 10/25/19


Picking flowers for market. 


First picking of arugula. 


Washing up a Green Wave mustard. It had a few spiffs from the Red Russian kale next to it so I’ll spray them with spinosad, a certified organic spray for chewing and sucking insects. 


Something has been eating the tops off the radishes. 


But the radish tasted good! 

Aren’t they pretty?  And no sign of root knot nematodes! Yay! But I forgot what they are. 



I added more compost to the bed. 


Ok. Don’t know why that’s upside down!  The radish is Salad Rose from Burpee. I planted Tokinashi turnips in their place.  
Well time to feed chickens and load up for Superior Farmers Market tonight. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment