My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, October 11, 2019

Farmer Friday 10/11/19


Did I ever tell you I hate squirrels?


Picking flowers, herbs for tonight’s market. The weather has cooled off and things are growing much better. It was actually cool enough this morning to put on long sleeves for a couple hours. 


Parsley, sage, rosemary, oregano, garlic chives



The basil is so thick I can’t bunch so just sell it by the stem. It loves the heat so I don’t know how much longer it will last. 



Green Wave mustard. 



Red Russian kale. 



Whoa! This compost is already 140°F. From the ammonia it for sure needs heaps more carbon.  I may have to go buy some sawdust pellets to tone it down. 


Yay! The spinach is sprouting. I’m planting more today.  It’s very popular with my customers. 


A rare selfie with Giotto 



Another bed of spinach planted. Covering with bird net. 



Mmmmmm. There were a couple of gladiolus bulbs drying off there. Did I tell you I hate squirrels?

Time to unload the van. 


Mmmm. Bare dirt spots. You guys need more shavings. 


Little girl cat caught her first mouse. Good job!

Blue stake came and marked the gas line this morning so tomorrow it’s back to post holes. 



Separated some cockerels from their sisters, filled up water buckets and got eggs.   


And time to load the car for the Superior Farmers Market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment