My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Progress


From this to .....

To this. It’s not the prettiest, straightest or tightest fence in the world but it should keep the dog in. I did fill in the gap at the bottom with some scrap fence. 


In another section I moved the rock wall out to just up against the fence. 


A pretty Rose of Sharon blooming this morning. 

Little boy cat helping with chores. 


A baby gopher snake rescued from the big cat. 


Have you ever seen such sickly squash?  Time to rip them out and plant spinach. 


No sign of root knot nematodes. So I guess just a lack of water and nutrition.  (Later I found some roots that might have had a few nematodes so will spray the bed with an organic nematocide. ) I also got the hoops situated over the bed and ready for bird net. 


Some pretty pullets getting red in the face. Hopefully we’ll see eggs soon. 


Ugh. I realized there is another space to fence and install a gate. I’ve been looking through the junk pile for a gate but nothing is wide enough.  I may have to build one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment