My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

I’ve been out foxed..er moused! May 3, 2009

I’ve been out foxed..er moused!

Well I still had a late batch of pepper seeds and some heat loving herbs germinating on the heat mat under lights in the living room. so I decided to take advantage of the heating mat still being on to start the first batch of baby corn plants in 2″ soil blocks. Because the birds are a real nuisance, pulling up little corn and bean plants as they sprout in the garden, I’ve planned to start them all in soil blocks under cover. Well there was room for a few extra blocks so I put in some sunflower seeds too. That’s when I discovered I’ve got a mouse! The darn thing dug up & ate all the sunflower seeds and most of the corn!
The little rascal totally ignored the trap baited with peanut butter, so I have moved the seed starting operation into the greenhouse window in the kitchen. And now I am on a mouse hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment