My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

TALLY HO! MAY 2009 June 1, 2009

TALLY HO! MAY 2009

Being the last day of May I’ve tallied the harvest, 125 eggs, 31 pounds of produce and 17.6 pounds of rabbit meat.  Most of this months harvest was snap peas and spinach type greens. But we also got 5# of regular garlic and 4# of Elephant garlic. Totals do  not include grazing by small children, nor the single red currant tomato that was the size of a pea or a couple of strawberries that I snuck.
I also have a lot of seeds drying off, but won’t know their actual weight until they dry out and I get them cleaned up. I’m hoping June’s numbers will be at least double that, tho it could be much better, since the potatoes should be done in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment