My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

what’s new around here June 27, 2009

what’s new around here

Well lots of things have been growing on, here’s a few pics from the last week or so.
gardenJune09 002Miracles terrific sunflower is blooming. It is now 8 feet 6 inches tall.
gardenJune09 004The small fruited tomatoes are loaded. These are the Princepe Borhese. But the kids and I eat them as fast as they come in so we haven’t gotten around to drying any of them yet.
gardenJune09 005The new bunny condo in the works. This one will hold my four does. Later I will make another one for the two bucks with space for two more grown rabbits or to hold fryers that don’t gain weight fast enough and need a little more time to grow. I suspect that rabbit will replace chicken in our diet this winter.
gardenJune09 006The small seeded sunflower plants are beginning to really take off and grow.
gardenJune09 007The King of the Garden lima’s are beginning to bloom at the bottom. The tops of the vines are hitting 9 feet and still going.
gardenJune09 009WHOA! HELLO THERE! I came around the corner of the house the other evening to discover this guy on my patio. It looked like this rattlesnake had just eaten [big belly bulge visible just past the coffee can]. I hope it was that pesky squirrel! I hated to do it after it did me such a favor, but I did shoot it. With small children around the house it was way too risky to let it keep hanging out, especially just a few feet from the back door.

No comments:

Post a Comment