My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

And It’s Wednesday 11/23/19



This morning I got the fence put up where I want to plant peas. Didn’t get them planted yet but it’s ready Maybe tomorrow. 


I fed plants and checked things under the row covers. Everything seems to be doing well. 

New radish plantings doing good so far. 


I cleaned the hay barn at the feed store and gave all the chickens some of the alfalfa   Then I pulled up broken soaker hoses and planted this shady flower mix Under the red locust and mulberry trees. Mulched with a sprinkle of alfalfa hay. 

The seed list on the packet. Hopefully some will make it. 

I dug the dahlias and gladiolus in the same area. Sadly some look like they may have nematodes. So in the morning I’ll spray all of that area before I put the hoses back down and water. 





No comments:

Post a Comment