My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, November 21, 2019

RAIN! 11/21/19


Since Tuesday about 3:00 pm when it started, until about 4:00 when I checked the gauges again I’ve had 4.4” of rain. 



From Tuesday to Wednesday it was 2.9”. And the rest was overnight and a bit today. 


I spend months wishing and hoping for rain but when so much comes all at once it causes issues. 


Yes. The weight of the water on the tarp actually bent the top bar of this chain link kennel. 


Several sets of hoops had their covers blown off. I’m waiting for them to dry out some before I put them back.  I spent this afternoon bailing water off the tarps. I’ll probably spend a lot of time tomorrow trying to get the pens a little dryer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment