My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, November 11, 2019

What a crummy afternoon 11/11/19


The day started with a beautiful sunrise.my neck was a little stiff but much better than last night.   My work was pleasant and uneventful. I came home and chilled a bit then went out to work outside. 


I went to water the little garden with spinach and baby pak choy. Only to discover it was all gone. Every last seeding in two beds was completely gone. I was totally devastated. There is bird net over these beds and occasionally I find a sparrow under the net. I don’t know if that’s what happened or something else. Those beds were part of my income for December and January. Replanting now means they might be ready by February since things grow much slower in the low light and cold weather of winter. To to that off the cockerel I posted awhile back with the sore on his neck was dead in his pen. I have no idea what the issue was. The neck wound wasn’t healing but it wasn’t getting any bigger and it wasn’t infected. 


The good thing of the afternoon was the sun catching this Black Copper Marans pullet. She’s only about 4 months old so I hope she fills out nice with that much color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment