My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Another Wednesday 11/6/19


The compost pile has been sitting steady at close to 150°. So I turned it this morning. 


I made an experimental batch of potting soil. Normally I just do peat and vermiculite but I’ve been listening to the soil scientists and so this batch is 2 parts fine compost, 2 parts peat, about 2/3 part vermiculite with a small amount of gypsum and some kelp. The idea is that germinating seeds need good bacteria, fungi and trace minerals to be really healthy and vigorous. We shall see how it goes. 

I spent some time working indoors as the house is a train wreck. I didn’t get a pic but picked some mums to take to a friend who broke her knee and is having surgery tomorrow. Then I picked up feed and came home. Time for dinner and bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment