My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Thursday and an afternoon off 11/14/19


This is an almost vertical bank along the creek and I’ve been losing a lot of good topsoil here. 


So I pegged some boards in place to help catch it. I need to do some more but this is a start. 


Can you see the big hole in the netting?  Damn rats chewed a hole and when I came out to water the last bed of spinach was decimated by a flock of sparrows. I can’t take much more. I’m ready to just quit. Between the cost of water, nematodes, rodents and predators I am at the end of my patience. 


Freya is trying to drive. 


While Loki is trying to adjust the seat. They did make me laugh. 




And then I took the afternoon off to meet up with an  old friend. Our last ride together was about 44 years ago. 


We rode up to what is officially called Solitude Tailings pond but what everyone calls Blue Lake. 

Quiet and peaceful. We disturbed a flock of ducks. 

Saw some cows. 


And watched the light change with the setting sun. Got back at dark. Certainly helped me feel better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment