My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Sunday 11/3/19


Yes cousin compost -again-  Back up to 160° this morning so another turn and as much carbon as I could scrape together, I even dumped in some old potting soil since the peat base will help absorb the nitrogen. Hopefully this will end the stinkiness. 


All set up waiting the water to get hot. I was able to get 7 cockerels done. They are now cooling in the ice chest. I’ll rinse and pack them tomorrow after I get off work. 


Then I picked up the half a range fed beef my daughter and I bought. 

Time to clean up. Blood is diluted with water and poured around trees and shrubs that need a boost of iron and nitrogen. 


All done with that part.  Will deal with feathers and guts tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment