My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

A big Hole in the Wall! 1/15/2020



Thank you Clyde for the help today! First cut a big hole in the wall. Then fill in where needed to get the right size. 


A trip to the hardware store for longer screws

Yep. It’s in backwards!  On purpose!  The flap side is “supposed” to go on the inside. However that would mean the rain could get inside the wall really easy. So we decided it would be better for the flap to be to the outside. Some kinds of dog doors have the flap centered in the wall. 

How it looks outside. I bribed Giotto in and out a couple times with some jerky, just to make sure he knew it was for him. He’s still scratching at the door but if prompt him to his door he used it. 


The cats are a different story. If I hold the flap open they’ll go through but they don’t want to push hard enough to open it themselves.  But I’m sooo happy! Another big thing off the list. 



Today’s eggs. Production is picking up and the new colors are nice. 

#100daysofappreciation
Once again I’m appreciating kind and generous friends. I’m also appreciating getting another project off the list. 



No comments:

Post a Comment