My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Wednesday 1/22/2020


I worked all day Monday so not much else got done. Tues was rainy so I spent some time sorting through a box of stuff. 


Mmmm. Ok Silkies you are a little backwards. 

Not a bad little pullet egg.  


Came home from work on Tuesday to find a pen panel coming undone. 

And today I picked up a little goat, some chickens and a turkey to foster for a bit. Giotto wanted to play with her but Lola wasn’t too sure about him. I’ll let them visit through the fence for a few days. 

The days are getting a little longer and it was pretty warm this evening so I spent some time beginning to clear the area where I’m going to put a storage shed. 
 

After. So yeah, I know I mostly just moved the piles around but at least I can get started. 


Mmmm. Something tried to dig under the fence here. Not sure what. Might have been the neighbors dog that was out a couple of days ago. Or it could have been a coyote. I do know Giotto has been barking a lot in this area. 

#100daysofappreciation
Today Im appreciating my friend Nichole who’s boundless energy, grit and determination are an inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment