My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, January 18, 2020

A Chicken Show 1/18/19


Today I had a great time at the poultry show visiting old friends and making new ones and talking standard bred poultry all day. 

It was a bit chilly being at the base of Mt Graham. 


My Black Copper Marans cockerel was reserve variety and breed. 


While my pullet was Best variety, Best of Breed and Champion Continental. She’s a silly, friendly girl and hard to photograph properly!


 



The Buff Orpingtons were not so great looking. So I didn’t take any pics. 

The day was lovely, went to lunch with a friend, had a great time. 
#100daysofappreciation
Today I’m appreciating a lovely day with friends, knowledgeable conversations and fun. Everything went smoothly from the show, to lunch, to driving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment