My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year 1/1/19


Another dull grey morning but warmer that it has been. I fluffed bedding and added some fresh shavings to some of the pens before I left for work. 

I found an extra dark Black Copper Marans pullet egg. What a great way to start the new year. 


Looks like a #7 on the shade card to me!  I hope it doesn’t lighten up too much as she lays bigger eggs. 

I’m really liking a lot of things about this guy but watching a spot on his comb closely that may or may not be a sprig. His halo ( that lighter area on his neck) is not that yellow in real life. 

Winter and years end are often a time of contemplation and introspection. Many people make New Year’s Resolutions and plan a whole new life. Not here. If anything I’m planning on pulling back, slowing down a bit. There’s a lot of unfinished things around here. Projects that have been on hold the past few years. I need to get them finished. I need to get the junk piles gone. I need some outdoor storage for feed and tools so I can get some space inside my house. Soooo much to be done. So this will be a year of plodding along, one foot in front of the other, slow and steady, getting things done. A year of moving towards how I want my life to look, a little at a time. 

#100daysofappreciation
Today I’m appreciating unexpected funds showing up in the mail. Always a nice surprise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment