My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, January 26, 2020

The Weekend 1//26/2020


Sorting through the cockerels because I’m hoping to get the extras processed this coming week. This boy was 2nd place at the show last weekend. 

Cleaning up junk


Hauling debris,  since it’s mostly rotted wood and pack rat nests it’s going to the compost. 

Picking up metal junk to add to the recycle pile. 

Moved the pallets around over here.  This way Giotto can’t get in the garden. Almost ready to start on a shed. 

Part of this pile is a good sized coop that’s going to go over there where I’ve been cleaning up. 


Getting started. 


Making some progress. 


Really getting there now. Might be done today. 


Or maybe not. That is certainly an issue. 


So I added a brace to pull that gable end into line. Now I need to do the other end. So maybe I’ll be done tomorrow.  Time to do chores now. 


Egg production is coming up. The darker brown ones are from the Black Copper Marans pullets that just started laying. 

This cockerel had been fine until a couple days ago when he had a seizure. So he’s been in the house. I think he might have been stung by a scorpion. He’s been a little more alert today and beginning to eat and drink with help. 

And then this happened 




#100daysofappreciation
Today I’m just appreciating the pretty, calm, quiet day. The sun was shining and warm and I didn’t have to go any where. 



No comments:

Post a Comment