My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, January 17, 2020

Farmer Friday 1/17/2020


Wow. Fog. Almost unheard of around here. Well at least it’s not raining. 

I think I found a little duck egg. 

Had to clean out the car. All the sacks of alfalfa sweepings have been riding around in there because I knew it was going to rain yesterday. But it’s not raining today. 


This bed is doing pretty well: arugula, a stay red mustard, some fennel and collards. 


And then there’s this bed, being attacked by rats. /squirrels, they are even eating up the red mustard!


Going to the PO was like Christmas again. I bought this book from their kickstarter campaign. I follow Ridgedale Permaculture on YouTube and have learned a lot.  This book is huge, over 700 pages! And almost every page has a photograph, diagram or data table. Can’t wait to dive into it. 
 



Delivered eggs and veg to Superior then got the car mostly emptied out. 

Then spent the evening packing up chickens. There is a poultry show in Safford tomorrow so I’ll be leaving early in the morning. 

#100daysofappreciation
Tonight I’m really appreciating how relaxed and smooth the day has gone. Often the day before a show has crazy unexpected stuff happening and I get totally stressed out. But today has been about as perfect as it could get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment