My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Catch Up Post


Saturday morning it froze hard.  

I hurried to do chores and haul feed. Then drove to the valley. My son returned from his 3rd deployment and all of his unit also returned home safely. What a blessing. Afterward we had pizza at his house and visited. Then just as I was almost home I got a call from a distraught friend and went to give what aid and comfort I could.  Made for a late night but I didn’t have to work on Sunday so that was just fine. 


A couple more new layers. 


I started working on cutting the hole for the doggie door but need to wait for some help. Going to have to take out one of those 2x4s to make it wide enough. 

So I cut up some trash wood to burn. Some was really wet from the rain so I set it out in the sun to dry out. I’ll bring it in the house before it rains again. 


While I had the saw out I figured I’d better prune up this plum tree. That job has been on my list a couple years now! To give you an idea how low this branches are, the house roof is only about 6’ there. 


That’s better. Should probably take some more down but I’ll wait until next year. I don’t want to take off too much at once. 


A couple of the September hatched girls have started laying little silkie size eggs. 

I swept up the hay barn at the feed store and gave all the girls some alfalfa. 

Cut up some more pallets. Not sure if I’ll need some bits for the doggie door project but just in case carefully cut off some of the nicer boards. 


This morning I’m playing around with making video with an actual camera. Stay tuned to see how it comes out!

#100daysofappreciation
I so appreciate and am so blessed my some and his unit are all home, present and accounted for. 




No comments:

Post a Comment