My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, January 5, 2020

My Weekend 1/5/2020


I’m really Liking the chicken art on my new calendar 


I spent Saturday processing two cull ewes from my friend. I was very tired and sore by the time I got them both hung up on the back porch. It will probably take me a couple of days to get them cut up and into the freezer. In the future I will get them one at a time to make it a little easier. 


Sunday morning breakfast, fresh liver. Dipped in egg and rolled in seasoned flour. Then fried in butter. A little stronger flavored than the lamb livers but still really good. 


First work of the day, fill the wood boxes. The batteries all died so I’ll finish up this afternoon. 


A faint ammonia smell in here so I turned the bedding, sprinkled some charcoal and put down fresh shavings. Then I had a snack and did some kitchen work. Still waiting for the battery to charge for the saw. Oh well at least it’s not going to rain for a few days. 



I planted up the rest of the tulip bulbs. 

This week is supposed to be farirly warm and sunny so I need to get a couple more coats of paint up on this plywood. 


And I need to do something with this wall. I also really need to figure out some gutters for the roof so the walls stay drier.  I have an idea for that but will have to experiment and see if it will work 

Other things on this weeks agenda are planting all my accumulated tree seeds, pruning up some fruit trees, taking dormant cuttings and working on cleaning up out back. Oh and a trip to Tucson to pick up a big incubator 🤗

#100daysofappreciation
Today I really appreciated the warm sunshine and just hanging out at home.   

No comments:

Post a Comment