My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, January 3, 2020

Farmer Friday 1/3/2020


Contemplating this area as a place for a storage shed.  Mmmmm. Lots of junk to move.....

Grrr.  More rodent issues. They’ve taken out the kale, the radishes, the celery and now they are starting on the arugula and mustard! I did get enough to fill orders today but this is beyond aggravating. 



On the plus side egg production is picking up a bit. 


I turned compost and pulled foxtail grass out of a garden space. Need to get it all out before it goes to seed. 

Delivered eggs and produce to Superior. Picked up feed and bedding. Was planning to do some kitchen stuff but I was too cold and tired. Time for tea, a fire and bed. 

#100daysofappreciation

Really appreciated the warm sunshine today. I’m also appreciating all the new eggs colors I’m getting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment