My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Sunday 1/19/2020




Boy I can’t believe we are so far into the new year already. But some things are accomplished, some new wood on the house and the doggie door is in.  Still teaching the cats how to go in and out, but they are starting to figure it out.  I had a great time at the poultry show yesterday. Looking forward to getting the breeding pens set up and ready for hatching season. Can’t wait to see the next generation. 


Fooled around with a little video camera I found in some of my moms stuff. It actually came out better than I expected.  So now the chickens are fed what’s the most important things to accomplish today?  Firewood, laundry and dishes, in about that order!  


After it warmed up a bit I emptied out the van. 


Dumped the shavings out of the boxes into this bed by the driveway for mulch. 


I cut firewood and hung out clothes. Freya was checking out the washer. I thought she was going to jump in there for a minute. 


Freya is not too sure about this contraption while Loki has been going in and out all day. Went out and got feed and few things at the store, came home and unloaded. On the way home talked to my neighbor’s son who offered me their scrap wood pile so collecting that will be on the agenda this week. Most of it is probably not good for anything but the stove but thats ok, I need firewood. Washed dishes and had yummy mutton chops for dinner.  Time for a shower and bed. 

#100daysofappreciation
Today I’m appreciating the wonderful weekend I’ve had. It’s been really lovely and relaxing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment