My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, January 9, 2020

It’s Like Christmas! 1/9/2020


Yesterday I went to visit my friend in Tucson. As I was leaving the setting sun was lighting up the mountains and the moon was coming out. 

I picked up something I’ve wanted for awhile, a GQF Sportsman incubator.  This one has a glitch with trays leveling but it’s probably something fairly simple to fix. And it was less than half the price of a new one 😁


I stopped at Lowe’s on the way home and picked up some things. 


Today I put down a threshold, added the under the door seal and the draft sweep.  I’m tired of being cold! 


There’s still a little crack at the corner but it’s A LOT better that it was!


Mmmmmm.  I KNOW there is a bottle of Tung oil here some place to seal that threshold..... mmmm I never did find it. 

I went to pick up a few things at the store and stopped at the PO.  There was a big box....


A little box and a soft package. 


The big box was the doggie door I ordered. 

The soft pack was my new book that I’ve been wanting (I still want the Permaculture Designers Manual, hint hint)


The little box was from my oldest daughter. A cute chicken to hang up 😁


A cute keychain 

And a beautiful Raven pendant. 


I gave the girls some more shavings before the rain came. 


When I went to the store I scored a pair of insulated stainless steel cups for just $5 in the clearance section. 



It was sunny part of the day but the wind was cold and nasty. I spent the evening cutting and packing up the lamb for the freezer. I also had a delicious dinner of braised shanks.  Now time for hot tea, a hot shower and a big fire!

#100daysofappreciation
I am so appreciating all the blessings that have come my way this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment