My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, December 13, 2019

Farmer Friday 22/13/19




Digging sun roots aka Jerusalem artichokes. 


Mmmmmm. Somebody joined the New Layers Club. Was it you?


Picking arugula and giant red mustard. 

Wow. This bed has really taken off. 


The same bed on November 13. 


The chard I planted last week is starting to take off. 


All set up for Superior Farmers Market. Had a nice visit at the Wild Cow Art Gallery afterwards. There was a beautiful full moon shining   on the way home. And then....


Oops. Luck was with me though and I made it all the way to town and the gas station. 

#100daysofapreciation
So tonight I’m appreciating my good fortune.  While it was a close call, I didn’t run out of gas. (BTW I’m not in the habit of taking silly risks like that. It was just today’s circumstances). I’m also appreciating how at least some of the garden beds are doing better than they have been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment