My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Laid Back Sunday 12/15/19


Everybody was pretty laid back today. 


There was a cold wind and ominous looking clouds in the morning. 

I collected some rosemary and oregano. 

And prepped a leg of lamb. 

I stabbed it all over and poked it full of garlic slivers. 


Since I didn’t have a nice pork belly and a larding needle I poked holes and stuffed in some butter. 

I slathered more butter on top and laid it on half the herbs. 


I laid the rest of the herbs on top and sealed the pan with foil because I can’t find the lid right now. 

My oven isn’t working at the moment but this little smoker works for slow cooking. I don’t add any smoke wood when I use it like an oven. 

I finished breaking down the lamb and put the rest in the freezer. I did some household chores like dishes and laundry.  Then.....


The lamb was done, melt in your mouth delicious.  I’m in heaven. 

#100daysofappreciation
Today I am appreciating that I have yummy good food, a roof over my head, a fire in the stove, a comfy bed to sleep in. I am content. 








No comments:

Post a Comment