My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Snowy Saturday 12/28/19


This morning the wind was blowing cold and fierce. A little crack by the front door was letting in a huge amount of cold air. 


I covered the crack in the frame work with gorilla tape and then taped a flap of feed sacks to the door to cover the crack there until I can get some weather stripping. 


I did some across the bottom of the door to cover the gaping hole there. When the weather clears maybe I can get the threshold installed. 


And then I went in the bedroom to find this.  I think that explains the big muddy paw prints on my bed the other day!


So I spent some time cleaning in the kitchen and discovered my wooden crusher is splitting so I put it in a bowl with some olive oil.  I’ll leave it a couple days to soak up the oil. 


It’s supposed to be down to 27° F tonight so it will probably be around 25 at my house. I realized I didn’t have enough dry wood to make it through the next few days so I went and picked up some of these. They work pretty well and help keep the house warm overnight. 
I did chores a little early and sure glad I did!




(And Giotto stayed out for more than an hour in the snow!)


Getting some eggs this week. There were actually 3 more than what’s in the bucket. 

#100daysofappreciation
Today I am appreciating all the great farm and homesteading you tubers out there. What a great way to spend a nasty cold day, I watched tons of how to DIY videos today and have lots of new ideas to try out this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment