My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Lazy Saturday 12/14/19


First I turned some steamy compost. 


This pen doesn’t have any ammonia odor even though it’s still pretty wet. That’s because I put down a lot of bedding   So I just turned it to help break up where it was packed down and to help get it drying out.  Now the big chicken house was a different story. I cleaned out some stinky bits off the top but the sawdust underneath smelled like clean earth. So I turned it to help dry it out. 

In the meantime....


Bianca cracked me up. 


Mamma hen has resumed laying eggs and is getting a bit tired of her brood. 


I did some errands and got groceries. Then I got one of the lambs broken down into sort of recognizable cuts of meat. 


My little lamb chops are not cut perfectly and they are barely bite sized. I sprinkled some Herbes de Provence over them and fried them in butter. 


They were totally crazy delicious. I ate them with a little arugula and chopped apple.  Yum yum. 

#100daysofappreciation 
Today I am appreciating the internet and having access to it. Some people refuse to learn computers or to have anything to do with it. But I think it is a wonderful blessing to have almost all the knowledge of the world at my fingertips. I have learned so much the last couple of years just about soil science and plant nutrition, much of which was unknown 30 years ago and even today has only been published in peer reviewed journals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment