My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Wednesday Lamb Day 12/11/19


Lovely new egg colors


Pretty sure that mint green one is a new girl laying. 


Giotto was not too sure about today. I got two lambs to butcher from a friend.  Giotto could see them in the back of the truck and was barking at them while I finished getting ready. Then I put him in the house. He was not too happy about that and barked all the time. I finally let him out when I was almost done   He was looking for the lambs in the truck. He seemed a bit concerned when he came around back and smelled the blood.  He spent the rest of the evening laying where he could watch the truck. 


I am super tired and sore. The lambs are cooling in the fridge. There’s a fire in the stove and dinner was delicious. I had potatoes and fresh lamb liver. I didn’t have any milk so I dipped the liver peices in beaten egg then dredged them in flour with salt, pepper and garlic powder. I fried the potatoes in bacon drippings and cooked the liver in the leftover bit. The liver was delicious, not strong flavored at all.  

#100daysofappreciation  Day 15

Today I am appreciating my kind and generous friends, you know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment