My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

8/1/18. Wednesday


The sunflowers are turning out amazing. Even though we had an inch of rain last week I haven't been able to let up watering. The ground is still really dry and plants are still wilting in the heat. 


Had to fiddle with some tarps that came loose in the wind. 


Since I Sold off the last of the oldest cockerels I cleaned and disinfected their pen so I can move chicks around. By the time I was done it was too hot to be out so I went and took a nap. Only intended to lay down an hour or so. Woke up almost 4 hours later. Very hot and humid.  Delivered eggs and got back just as a big storm was breaking. Edda was all tangled up in her cable and freaking out over the thunder so I brought her inside.  Think I'll go back to bed. This heat and humidity have really been kicking my butt and the storm pressure is giving me a headache. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment