My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, August 24, 2018

8/24/18 Farmer Friday


Picked and washed greens. Picked some flowers and herbs for my Superior folks.  No more tomatoes I don't think. They are either dead or dieing from the nematodes. I'll go on Monday to pick up some neem to help with that issue and see what else I can do about it. 
Sure putting a dent in things all the way around. 


Nematode damage on a cherry tomato plant.  See the lumps on the roots?  That's the sign. 



Coming back from Superior there was a big storm over Pinto Valley and rain on into Miami, even some at my house. Usual chores done. Dinner ate, dogs fed. Off to bed. Good night world. See you in the morning at the Globe-Miami Farmers Market. 

No comments:

Post a Comment