My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, August 27, 2018

Monday 8/27/18


I have fussed with this tire all weekend. The last nut was cross threaded and the bolt is shot. As I woke up this morning it occurred to me to get out my ratchet set and a cheater pipe because the nut wasn't moving any more at all. That worked. Have an appointment tomorrow to get new tires. 


The driveway is getting overgrown. Besides I need to run a fence along here. 


Trimmed up pretty good. Got out the 100' tape and marked for the posts. 


Today's tea flavor, lemon balm and peppermint. 


Logic brain: no. You didn't. 
Chicken lady brain: yes I did!
Logic brain: why???? Isn't 100+ enough already?????
Chicken lady brain: but I didn't get enough chicks from certain pairs and no chicks at all from others!
Logic brain: bbbbbut but but
Chickenlady brain: besides there won't be 100 when I'm done culling!


Well dang. The Trombonccino got broke off in the wind. It's about 2 1/2 feet long and weighed almost six pounds. Still edible like zucchini at this stage but firmer. 


Bird house gourds on a fence. I can't get over how soft and fuzzy the leaves are. 
Regular chores done. A trip to see mom, though she was pretty out there today. And now bed time. Goodnight world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment