My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, August 3, 2018

8/3/18 Farmer Friday


Well that was nice. Another .6" of rain.  We need every drop. Keep it up! 



A bucket of flowers for one of my customers. 


After picking flowers and herbs I pick greens. This week just kale, trying to give the chard time to recover. 


These are beets, picked about 3 bunches which is all there were to pick. All the seedlings I put out in late June and July disappeared. Picked a few radishes also. 


Made deliveries to Superior and had a cherry Italian soda at SunFlower Market. Willa has a lot of handmade jewelry for sale. 





I combined 3 groups of hens last night along with Mr A-hole. So far everybody seems to be doing ok and the Mr has a different attitude. He didn't try to jump me today and even moved away as I came in the pen. Wonder how long Mr Nice Guy will last. 

Lots of the usual chores and now to find something to eat that doesn't require cooking (99° at 6:00pm), feed the dogs and off to bed. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment