My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, August 19, 2018

8/19/18. Sunday


Hello pumpkin flowers.  After mirning chores and watering some plants I went to haul feed. 


But the truck needed a jump first. 

And when I lifted the hood on the van I discovered either a pack rat or squirrel nest in the hood liner. 

While picking up feed I noticed these unusually marked chicks. Since the store never has the right label for the chicks it gets I really doubt these are Australorps. But the are cool looking. 


In the afternoon I went to see mom. Very sad to see her loosing her vocabulary. Hard to carry on a conversation of any kind any more. 


Afternoon chores done. 7:00 pm and still this hot. Looks like our monsoon is quitting early. We never even got real rains this year. I got a little too much sun this morning so off to bed early. Goodnight world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment