My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Sunday, August 5, 2018

8/4 & 8/5/18 Saturday - Sunday


This is a double post because I didn't get it done yesterday!  The sunflowers and zinnias are amazing. These are for Market.


My table at market. It was miserable hot by the time we were done, then we had a board meeting. After that I went and took a nap. After regular chores I went to a free concert in Globe.  My friend from school Tammi and her husband Kevin and their band The Cover Ups. So fun.  It was still 90° at 9:30 at night. I think I drank 10 or 12 bottles of water on Saturday. It was just too hot. 



Sunday I worked on cleaning out an empty pen so I can move babies around. It will take a bit to get finished. 


Today's tea flavor pure lemon balm (with the requisite black tea )


I cleared off and prepped a small bed and planted out a tray of mizuna mustard seedlings. I filled in the rest of the space with some White Icicle radish and Golden Globe turnips. 
Went to visit mom after lunch. Pretty sure she did not actually know who I was when I first got there, although she called my by name later on. Can't really have a conversation with her any more, she's just really confused, more so than usual. So that was a little depressing. 



A baby Trombonccino squash. These are like zucchini when small and green but you can let them grow. They will get about 3 feet long and get a hard tan skin. Then they are like winter squash and will keep till spring. I didn't get any planted last year, but this post from 2016 shows you some of the 259 pounds of Trombonccino that I grew that year.

Well some dinner had, dogs fed, usual chores done, time for bed. Good night World.

No comments:

Post a Comment