My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

8/8/18 Wednesday


It's supposed to be I. The low 90s the next few days and this guy was doing a lot better so he went back out to his pen this morning. 


I love looking at this row of sunflowers. They just seem so happy!


Today's tea lemon balm with a little pineapple mint. 



Made 3 wheelbarrow loads of potting soil. Potted up my Sea Island Brown cotton from Baker Creek Seeds. Terribly late getting theses out but with a warm fall should at least get a little seed to start earlier next year. Also potted up some Rudbeckia. These are come flowers, a perennial native to America. Great for pollinators. 


The baby Trombonccino is blooming. I'll let all the first ones stay to mature into winter squash. Towards first frost I'll pick them small as they are a lot like zucchini.  A lot of the usual chores and what not today. 


Towards dark some big clouds rolled in and the rain started. Hopefully it will do more than spit.  Now for some dinner and off to bed. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment