My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, August 16, 2018

8/16/18 Thursday


I potted up 3-4 trays of broccoli and cauliflower seedlings. 


Mmmmm. I think this area needs some attention.  


Weed eater issues. #alwayssomething


Got a little bit done. 


Mexican sunflower aka Tithonia finally blooming. Only one plant made it so hope makes lots of seed. There was a humming bird buzzing it. 






Moved some chicks around. 


Took a little nap and woke up disoriented to my time and place. Was very strange for a couple of minutes. This book is a great read   It's not all about gardening. The first half is about health issues like celiac disease and food allergies and health. I would recommend it to all gardeners and lovers of good food. 

The usual chores done. Sad to find two dead chicks wedged in a corner of a pen. I think they must have gotten wet and cold from the rain and piled together so the ones on the bottom smothered. But that's #farmlife dinner eaten, dogs fed, time for bed.  Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment