My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, August 9, 2018

8/9/18 #throwbackthursday

Trombonccino squash Aug 2012
a little #throwbackthursday for you, a Trombonccino on the greenhouse from Aug 2012

squash and chilies Aug 2012
eggs Aug 2014


Sunrise over the Pinal Mountains this morning. 


A few tomatoes and some red okra. 

Boy the front entry needs some attention!  I got a little bit done, mostly emptying pots of dead plants so I could recycle the potting soil. I did pot up several things including a chrysanthemum I bought off the clearance table a couple of weeks ago. 


And look what was hiding in its foil wrapper!  That pile of slugs went right to the trash can!


I potted up some Purple Sprouting Broccoli seedlings. This is a very old variety that makes small shoots with a purple tint instead of big heads. 


The baby Trombonccino is growing fast. 


I also potted up some Lavender Hyssop and a few lemon balm seedlings that didn't fit in the bed with the rest of them. Their permanent homes aren't ready yet. 


The Golden Globe turnips are sprouting. 


At lunch I had some fermented veggies with my salad. They were sooo good!








The sunflowers and zinnias have just been totally amazing this year and show no sign of slowing down. 


Mmm. This gate post is rotting out and the gate is dragging the ground. #onemorething


Sunset view from my driveway. 

A storm rolling in over the Pinals at dusk. Sure hope some rain makes it to my house. I've only gotten .1" out of the last two storms.  Almost time for bed. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment