My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, August 2, 2018

8/2/18. Thursday


Good morning Edda. Are you sure you have planted yourself deep enough?


Just a little chicken


And another little chicken. I moved some chicks around today. 


The chard and kale are beginning to recover now that they are getting more water. 


Cherry tomatoes


A few bigger tomatoes and some red okra


Got a little of the jungle cleared out.  






But there is always more to do. 


Coming back from visiting mom a storm breaking over the Pinals. Finally rolled my way about 8:00. In the meantime it was really super hot and humid. I did work on rejuvenating another chard bed and did the usual chores. I also combined a couple of pens of layers in with the hatchery girls so tomorrow I can clean out the empty pens and move more babies around. And now it's bed time. Good night world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment