My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Friday, August 17, 2018

8/17/18 Farmer Friday


Holy Moly look how long the baby Trombonccino is getting. I think I will try to do a slide show with dates after it's ready to harvest. 


Boy the asparagus plants are flopping over and trying to trip me. Better tie them up. 


Well that's a little better. My phone has been acting up today so I didn't get any more pictures. I picked a good amount of kale and a little chard. Barely a pound of cherry tomatoes and only a couple of big tomatoes to be found. 

I've been researching solutions to the root knot nematodes besides growing and turning under cover crops of mustard and marigolds. I think I will also try neem cake which is also a fertilizer.  Did the usual chores and delivered to my Superior customers. And now it's bed time. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment