My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

8/7/18 take a day off!


Good morning!  Well this guy made it through the night and is feeling much better! Up eating, drinking and crowing. But I think I'll keep him in until the weather breaks. 



I had a pen of 12 youngsters. Moved 9 cockerels over to the bigger pen. Of the three left I know 2 are pullets. Not sure about the third. 




I'm liking the long back on this Buff Orpington cockerel. I just wish he had a little more meat on him, but he's young yet. 


The squash is dry. Gave them a little water to get them through. It might rain later. I decided since it was 90° at 9:00 to just take the day off.   I goofed off indoors on the computer watching some perms culture videos then went back to mom's for lunch. Got all the animals watered and laid down for a nap. 


When I went back to my house it was bright and sunny on one side with black clouds and thunder on the other. But it only spit a few drops. Dinner is eaten, dogs are fed. Edda was freaking out over the thunder
 So she's in the house panting and drooling. I need to look into those thunder shirts for her. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment