My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

8/14/18 Tuesday but no tacos


This morning started out fine and I had lots planned. But I forgot I had to take Sis to an appointment. Dropped her off and got a little pen cleaning done then had to go pick her up and take her to do some errands. By the time I got back it was getting too hot for outside work so I did a little cleanup inside. 
Look at how big the baby Trombonccino is getting. I think it's doubled in a week. 


I bought two bags of this on clearance.  Since we've had some rain and expected more this evening I sprinkled them out in the little wild garden by the hoophouse. 


I call this the wild garden although not everything here is wild. But I would like for this area to basically take care of itself eventually. There are several live oaks that I grew from acorns, some Monarda (aka bee balm), four o'clocks, Greek oregano, Rosemary, mugwort and some chocolate flowers. 
About a minute after I spread the seeds it started raining really hard. So I ducked for cover. Most of the usual stuff done and now it's time for bed. Goodnight world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment