My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tuesday 8/28/18


After morning chores I attended a project presentation for an indoor farm. Part of the proposal is to not only provide fresh food to the community but also opportunities for sustainable agriculture classes in our schools.  It was interesting and I could see some good possibilities. 


After the presentation I got new tires on the van. During evening chores I checked out more dieing tomato plants. Yep more nematodes. The interesting thing was the plants in the middle of that bed seem to be doing fairly good. At least they are still green and growing. I don't know if those plants are resistant or if the nematodes just haven't made it to that area yet. 

Well a long day today. Off to Tucson tomorrow to get a remedy for the nematodes. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment