My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, July 12, 2018

7/12/18 Throwback Thursday


I got up early with good intentions but it started raining really hard. So did a little house keeping at mom's. of course I had left my new rain coat at my place. Got chores done when it let up to discover the kennels like this. I had to get the ladder and bail out the tarps with a bucket. Some day these will have a solid roof over them.



It was nice to see the garden got .5" of rain. That will help the plants out. Hopefully more is on the way. 



An empty bed in the back garden has a very thick mulch, too thick really for small transplants. So I spread some of it around the lemon balm and zinnias. 

Got a shower and went to a care plan meeting for mom. Just some regular chores and a bit of lazing around. So here's some old pics of the garden for you. 


Rainbow beets from July 2016

green and yellow zucchini also from July 2016

An abundance of cherry tomatoes from 2017

Every year is different. I planted some things like squash and cucumbers later this year than usual and I planted less area altogether because I have more chickens. As soon as the new pen is built some chickens will go there, freeing up a planting area for fall crops.  And now is eaten, dogs are fed, a cup of tea and off to bed. Good night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment