My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

7/3/18 almost Independence Day


Hard dry ground. Damn hard to set fence posts in it. Got maybe two more inches done this morning. 


Good morning girls. What happened to your shade cloth?  Always #justonemorething 


It was hanging by one zip tie.  Got it fixed. 



Worked on laying the pavers. Not quite level yet. 



Ok who's out where they don't belong?!



You stinker. Get back in your pen. #alwaysomething 



Hello babies. What a lot of boys I see. 



The summer apples are coming along. We'll see how many the birds leave me. 



Laying out the frame for the new pen. Mmmmm. I cut one board too short. Not a total disaster since I hadn't cut the last one that needs to be even shorter. 



Oops a runaway squash. Get up on the trellis where you belong. 



Clearing out an empty bed. 



All done.  Now to give it a good soaking before I plant anything in there. 



Found a few stray potatoes. Enough for dinner and some leftovers. 



Yay! Happy feet!  New shoes in the mail. I was lazy this afternoon and took a nap instead of going to see mom. But I was super tired. Just hoping it's not a sign of an outbreak of my recurring shingles. Fed and watered and picked up eggs. Now off to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment