My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Saturday, July 21, 2018

7/21/18 Market Saturday


Our new market signs.  These are much easier to see than our old sandwich boards.  



Egg count is down from around 50 to about 35. Several hens have gone broody and a lot of older ones are beginning their annual molt. Replacing their feathers takes a lot of nutrients so many hens stop laying for a couple of months. 


My cucumbers are just blooming so I bought some at market. These are the ugly bird pecked and bug bitten tomatoes no one buys so I get to eat them. 

I ended up taking a 3 hour nap today. Guess I needed it. The usual chores done. I noticed some things trying to wilt so tomorrow will be spending a lot of time watering. Still no rain to mention.  Total so far for the year 2.6". This is beginning to get pretty serious. We really really need some rain   

No comments:

Post a Comment