My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, July 30, 2018

7/30/18 Monday


.8" of an inch. A drop in the bucket but better than nothing. But not enough to skip watering even one day. Sigh. 


Planting out some mizuna mustard seedlings and even with the rain the soil is dry two inches down. 


Well there goes a good tarp.  Had to bail water off this morning.  Really need to get a real roof over these kennels!



Today's tea, lemon balm with a few sprigs of pineapple sage. 


Finally found a connector that would work. 


So the water is back on this garden. Upper bed has kale and some sad looking chard. This bed has a double row of leeks, some radishes and a few beets. I also planted some mizuna  mustard in some open spaces. I'll plant some collard greens down the middle. 


That is a Northern New Mexico Melon that volunteered at the end of the bed. I got the seeds from Bountiful Gardens a long time ago.  It's sweet like cantaloupe. 







The sunflowers and zinnias are thriving in the heat. 


This Black Copper Marans pullet caught my eye while I was doing chores. I think she's growing out pretty nice. Made a run to the nursery for peatmoss and vermiculite because I need to make more potting soil. So that will be tomorrow's project. 

I tried to take a nap but watched farm videos instead. Then right when I got up to do chores it started raining. So I got to wear my raincoat again. So not much else got done today except a little dinner and now it's bedtime. Good night world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment