My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Monday, July 2, 2018

7/2/18. Monday



Good morning. Sleeping Beauty mountain seen from mom's house. I apparently hit "off" instead of "snooze" this morning so I didn't get up until 5:30 



After I got everybody's breakfast I hauled some pavers up to the new pen area. I need to find my level!  I also started another fence post hole but the ground is so hard and dry I didn't get far. I poured some water in it and left it. 



It was getting hot so I made potting soil in the shade. 



I potted up a lot of seedling, shoos, a Japanese herb that I haven't decided if I like its taste or not yet. 


The green onions I planted the other day are sprouting already. 



I made some more soil blocks and planted some beets and leeks. Then off to the store for a few things and back to mom's for lunch. Next clean up and go visit her at the nursing home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment