My Edible Garden

I've been gardening for most of my life and have been a devoted fan of organic gardening the whole time. It just makes so much more sense to work in harmony with Mother Nature than to fight her. Besides which it is better for the planet and better for our bodies. Here you can see what I'm planting and harvesting, with gardening hints and resources thrown in for good measure.

Thursday, July 26, 2018

7/26/18 Drier than Dry


Today's tea flavor, spearmint, lemon balm and a sprig of cinnamon basil. 



This bed of Swiss chard got pretty crispy from going too long without water. It is sooo hot and dry this year I just can't get the water to things fast enough. I pulled out the plants that didn't revive with a dep soak and trimmed back the rest. 



Mmmm. Not sure how or why that came apart. #onemorething



This greenhouse is turning into a jungle


The zinnias are managing the heat ok


The sunflowers are thriving so far. 



The squash have had some ups and downs. A few crispy leaves and aborted fruits but so far reviving when watered. 


I would trade a hundred perfect sunsets for a few inches of rain. The years total stands at 2.5". The heat is depressing and frustrating.  It is all I can do to keep going every day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment